2010-2013 Strategic Plan
To advance education, Forward in the Fifth will:
- Identify educational issues in the service area.
- Explore topics affecting teaching and learning outcomes.
- Generate a list of issues for public discussion.
- Engage the community in educational issues through informed decision-making.
- Define critical issues for the community.
- Invite stakeholders to discuss, debate and address issues.
- Advocate for improved quality of life through increased educational attainment.
- Research trends influencing decisions and long-term impact on individuals and communities.
- Design a marketing campaign to show the correlation between education and quality of life.
- Partner with The Center for Rural Development affiliates to improve quality of life by using relevant focus areas and their value (e.g. Forward in the Fifth—education; PRIDE—environment; UNITE—health).
- Advance educational progress by implementing quality programs and proven strategies.
- Provide opportunities to local schools and communities to become empowered.
- Highlight successes in the region to all stakeholders.
- Explore new, creative opportunities to engage and change entire education communities.
Energizing students. Empowering communities.